TEAM BARNETT ADOPTION 2014 ~ Felix's Heroes Wall

The following people have graciously donated to our adoption fund and have made Greta, Felix, & Romeo one step closer to becoming "An Orphan No More"!
Greta's, Felix's, & Romeo's Heroes Wall:
Linda Wade ~ TX; Tammy Johnson ~ TX; Brian & Carol Miller ~ NC; Karl & Beth Brennan ~ TX; Sammye Smith ~ TX; Barbara Balthrop ~ TX; Jeri Newman ~ TX; Shirley Bowman ~ TX; Anonymous ~ TX; Kelly & Chay McClellan ~ TX; Heather Farester ~ VA; Terri Mauldin ~ TX; Sherry Hamby ~ TX; Laura Homan ~ TX; Cindy & Kelsey Cregar ~ MD; April Jurisch ~ TX; Danni & Rhaya Edison ~ TX; Brenda Baswell ~ AL; Anonymous ~ TX; Keshia Melton ~ New Zealand; Mistie Sutko ~ TX; Amy Epley ~ TX; Annie Trenda ~ WA; Jenny Raspberry-Martin ~ Canada; Amber Gilchrist-Anderson ~ NM; Bianca Montelaro-Oliver ~ LA; Sasha Fera-Schanes ~ CA; Gigi Glynn ~ NJ; Cordie Teddlie Everman ~ TN; Clydene Moore ~ TX; Peggy McAdams ~ TX; Kayla Groen; Kristen Abel ~ TX; Dandy Rivas Fleming ~ TX; Colleen Salinas ~ TX; Katy Pyle ~ LA; Sandra Lizcano ~ LA; Reby Lawler ~ TX; Charlette Flowers ~ TX; Mary Anne McCartney ~ TX; Colleen Krizak ~ TX; Rhonda Jackson ~ TX; Heather Woodall ~ TX; Heather Johnson ~ TX; Sherwin & Ann Lee ~ TX; Stacie Lee Mercer ~ TX; Anonymous; Wesley Barnett ~ MS; Anonymous ~ TX; Shirley Massey ~ TX; Jeremy & Mandy Danielson ~ TX; Anonymous ~ TX; Debbie Goff ~ TX; Jamie Discher ~ TX; Carol Miller Wise ~ NC; Cherrisa Shelton ~ TX; Sheilah Chisum ~ NM; Debbie Marks ~ OH; The Stokes Family ~ TX; Wanda Oldag ~ TX; Lisa Smith ~ OH; Michelle Hughes ~ VA;
Reece's Rainbow: Andrea Roberts, Nancy Thornell, Debbie Hannon, Michelle Zoromski, & Lucille Brown
WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS OUR GRATITUDE!!! WE ARE FOREVER BLESSED AND HUMBLED!!!

Friday, October 3, 2014

Adoption Update

First let me apologize that I have not posted on my blog since May.  All I can say is that I have been super busy on the adoption paper chasing trail and with taking care of Maclayne's medical needs.  With that being said, I hope it is enough for you to forgive me.

NOW, let's get to the exciting news at hand...

THE END IS NEAR in regards to our adoption!!!  Through many months of literal blood, sweat, and tears, I have COMPLETED ALL of our adoption dossier documents!!!  Let me shout it again, even louder:

ALL OF OUR ADOPTION DOSSIER DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED!!!!!

When I faxed our last document to be checked & approved by our stateside facilitator, I fell on my knees in a heap of full-bodied sobs.  Don't get me wrong, it was a huge relief full of joy, but it was, at the same time, a very gut wrenching emotional relief.

Romeo
Months of frustration, questioning, and longing for my three beautiful children was sent along with that fax to Nancy.  It was a release, a beautiful release that renewed my hope and commitment to precious Greta, Felix, and Romeo.  In the still small voice I heard God confirming, once again, that He has called David and me to adopt these three special needs orphans from Eastern Europe.

I am now sorting and double checking all of our paperwork that is making up our adoption dossier so that I can get it shipped to our in-country facilitators in Eastern Europe.  This "paper baby" should be shipped within the next couple of days.  (I will add it to our adoption timeline on the left of this post once I send it.)  Once it reaches our facilitators in EE, they will begin translating all of those documents ~ that is not a light undertaking and we are extremely grateful to them!

We are still awaiting approval from Homeland Security/Customs & Immigration (USCIS).  Once we have our approval (the Golden Ticket known as the I-171H), we will forward it to our facilitators in EE and they will submit our full adoption dossier to the Department for Adoptions (DAP).  From there, the DAP will extend an invitation for us to visit their country for the purpose of adopting and our first travel date will be issued.
Felix

So, once again, please allow me to shout:   ALL OF OUR ADOPTION DOSSIER DOCUMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED!!!!! and THE END IS NEAR!!!!!

Would you please join us in praying that we receive our USCIS approval ASAP??!!??  The immigration officer I've been dealing with is not the kindest person on earth.  However, I am extending the officer the grace I have been receiving from the Lord and I am treating the officer with the utmost kindness and respect.  I desire to keep my witness in Christ strong because it is through Him that this adoption is even taking place.

Secondly, would you join us in praying that God provides the remaining funds needed to bring Greta, Felix, and Romeo home?  We are about $4,000 short of being fully funded.  I am in the process of starting two fundraisers ~ another t-shirt sale (it is a very COOL design!) and a game that can be played by everyone.  Details will be released next week.

Greta
In the meantime, if you feel led, you can make a tax deductible donation to our Reece's Rainbow adoption grant fund.  100% of your donation will go directly toward our adoption.  (A 3% PayPal fee will be taken out of donations made by credit card.)  Believe me when I say that even $10 donations MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!  Click on this link to be directed to our RR grant fund:  Team Barnett Adoption 2014.

Thank you for following our beautiful journey to bring our precious children home!  Your support is truly humbling and we are beyond excited that you have chosen to join us on our family's journey. THANK YOU!!

24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?  25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.  26 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;  27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. ~ Romans 8:24-30, NASB


No comments:

Post a Comment